Honda’s new full-featured, dual stage, track drive HSS928TCD snowblower features new technologies for better performance, more ease-of-use and increased durability. Powered by the latest Honda GX270 commercial grade OHV (overhead valve) engine, the HSS928TCD clears a path 71 cm (28 in.) wide and 51 cm (20 in.) high, and moves up to 50 metric tons of snow per hour with a discharge distance up to 16 metres (52.5 ft.). And it provides the ultimate in snow clearing convenience: Turn the key and go with 12VDC on-board battery start, and control the height and direction of snow discharge with the touch of a finger using the convenient electric chute joystick control. Should unwanted debris cause the auger to lock during operation, a Shear bolt Guard System alerts the operator and automatically stops the engine, preventing mechanical damage and unnecessary down-time. A standard hour meter monitors usage and helps to ensure that proper maintenance is carried out in order to keep the HSS928TCD running smoothly and at peak performance. The variable speed hydrostatic transmission features a single lever for quick switching between forward and reverse, and for accurate adjustment of ground speed without affecting auger rotation speed, while the hydraulic-assist auger height adjustment control allows on-the-fly adjustment of auger height for optimum performance in varying snow conditions. It comes with a 3 year residential/commercial warranty, it's certified to meet or exceed EPA emissions guidelines, it's highly operator-friendly, and the HSS928TCD has the power and the technology to clear heavy snow from large areas and a variety of surfaces. Maximum forward speed has been increased by 8% to get the job done faster than ever before.
• Standard work light
• New built-in icing guard design prevents icing in the carburetor and provides better access to the carburetor drain bolt and fuel cut-off lever
• Honda Dual Track Drive system with pliable, low-temperature rubber tracks and sure-gripping cleats provides solid traction and ideal balance, even on steep driveways and steps
• Track drive with auger height adjustment allows the augers to glide over uneven surfaces such as stone driveways and sidewalks
• Hydraulic assist auger height adjustment control requires only a slight downward or upward pressure on the right control lever to precisely angle the auger housing to skim uneven gravel or interlocking brick surfaces, or to dig deep to clear smooth asphalt or concrete
• New impeller design improves durability with greater snow discharge distances
• Taller fuel cap with chain attachment makes refuelling easier, even while wearing gloves or mitts. In case of overfill, a run out in the tank design keeps gas spillage away from the engine and track
• New automotive-grade steel auger housing for strength and durability
• Redesigned chute with reinforcement plate for long service life
• Interconnected drive/auger lever design with interlock feature allows both drive and auger levers to be held down with one hand, freeing the other hand for discharge chute, throttle and ground speed adjustments.
• Reversible, two position skid shoes for versatility and extra-long service life (300% longer than previously)
• Ice breaking, heavy-duty, serrated augers easily break through heavily crusted or hard packed snow left behind by municipal snowplows
• Ergonomically-designed controls for operator convenience and safety
• Oil drain extension makes servicing the engine easier and reduces the risk of oil getting on the track during oil changes
• Large starter recoil handle for an easy grip – even with a bulky mitt
• Easy, reliable starts in any weather condition with automatic decompression system and electronic ignition
• Large 5 litre tank with standard fuel gauge provides extended run times between fill ups
• Electric chute with Honda's exclusive “joystick” control directs snow discharge with the touch of a finger. Chute rotates a full 187 degrees – 95 degrees right and 92 degrees left
• Easy to operate new choke lever design
• Teflon coated cables are extremely durable and won't seize up in severe conditions
• Reduced engine noise due to new large muffler design and standard deflector is especially welcome for early morning snow clearing or for operation close to nearby properties
• Unique Honda shear bolt positioning allows for almost effortless removal, alignment, and replacement of both impeller and auger shear bolts when required – with no need for special tools
• New type of retainer for the tool bar improves durability
• A new side cover for the auger clutch cables protects against snow intrusion, assuring workability in severe conditions
As a testament to their quality and reliability, most Honda snowblowers come with a warranty of 36 months for non-commercial use and 36 months for commercial use.
Find out where you can buy Honda Snowblowers
Find A Dealer
Why Buy a Honda Snowblower?
Powered by reliable Honda 4-stroke engines that don't mix oil and gas, our dual-stage and single-stage snowblowers are exceptionally quiet, efficient and easy to use. They start reliably in cold weather and provide proven power for clearing even the heaviest snow.
Honda Advantage Technologies
Honda has been making state-of-the-art snowblowers since 1981. During this time our engineers have continued to create a full range of innovative features that make snow clearing smoother, cleaner and easier. These advanced technologies are what make Honda snowblowers renowned worldwide.
Honda Track Drive
The Honda dual track drive system makes for superior traction through practically any snow condition. Our track drive snowblowers feature pliable, low-temperature rubber tracks with sure-gripping cleats that support the snowblower’s weight and provide solid traction. That means it’s the best machine for clearing interlocking stone driveways and sidewalks, steep inclines and steps since the auger glides over the surface. Honda’s tried-and-true dual track drive is available on the widest range of models, from the HS622TC to the top-of-the-line HSM1336iC Hybrid.
(Available on HSM1336iC Hybrid, HS1132TC/TCS, HS928TC/TCD, HS724TC/TCD, HS622TC/TCS models)
HydrostaticTM Transmission Control
Control of forward and reverse speed is simplicity itself with Honda’s hydrostatic transmission – standard on HS724, HS928 and HS1132 series snowblowers. A single lever (operated with one hand) accurately adjusts ground speed without affecting auger rotation speed. The farther you move the lever, the faster your Honda snowblower moves – push forward to move ahead; pull back for reverse. Infinitely variable speed means it’s easy to set the pace for every snow condition and personal preference.
(Available on all models except HS520, HS621, HS622 and HSM1336iC Hybrid).
Electric Chute Joystick Control
You can control the deflection and direction of the snow discharge through the remote chute with the touch of a finger by moving the convenient electric chute joystick control up and down, left and right.
(Available on TCD and Hybrid models only).
120 VAC Starting System
For those who prefer an electric starter the HS520CS, HS621CS, HS622TCS and HS1132TCS models come with a standard 120 VAC electric starter to make the job even easier. Just plug in an extension cord, push a button, unplug and go.
Honda electric start snowblowers also have a recoil starter with an oversized grip for easy starting when an electric outlet is not convenient.